I have been having this overwhelming urge to spend more time on my human to human connections. It started with an associate at work, whom I just knew I needed to say something positive to and the gifts of verbal gratitude have just been coming ever since. Not all the time of course but I am making an effort to listen and then speak something positive to one person each day. You would be surprised how people react when you give them a genuine compliment. I am not talking about "I like your hair" or "those shoes are cool" but when you look at someone and say thank you for being a good listener, you made my day or something like that people actually get a bewildered look on their face. It's a really great exercise in connection and paying it forward.
So like I said I have been trying this lately and am making it into a mental game kind of. I feel like people have started listening to me and then paying it forward, but today I had totally forgotten about my game and checked my facebook to find not one but two notes from acquaintances from my past who saw the blog and sent me individual gifts of gratitude. It was so beautiful to be on the other side of my game and also reminded me to keep it up. Thanks to those two pals for your notes today, you reminded me of all the kind, wonderful people in my life.
Love you Brother, thanks for being there for me even during your times of your own heartbreak .
ReplyDelete