Sunday, December 5, 2010

From then to now

I've thought about writing a blog for awhile now but usually get excited about something for a short time an then kind of fall off the wagon. Truth be told there have been so many changes in my life in the past few months and I don't have the energy to communicate with everyone individually so I figured this would be a good outlet for me to share what's happening in my world and also a place for me to share my thoughts and feelings with the world. I hope that through this blog someone out there is helped or comforted in their own lifes struggles through realization that you are not alone.

Most of you reading this already know me, at some stage of my life and many places I've lived we connected in some way. Whether that was in Las Vegas, Tennessee, St. Louis, Chicago, Thailand, Kansas City, San Jose, Sacramento or my extended homes in Florida or Michigan I have been blessed to meet and connect with you on some emotional level.

So first to clear the air and answer some of those questions you have all been texting and asking me about. Yes, I am back on Chicago! Yes, I am going through a very painful divorce. Yes, she is pregnant and YES I think that Baby Harper is mine. I intend not only to never use the Internet to bash my ex-wife or the mother of my child but what I will say is that this decision was made for me and I meant every vow I said. As I've learned through life that sometimes life goes another direction and as Bonnie Rate sings "I can't make you love me if you don't."

That all being out there, for me starts over. I've lived my life in chapters and this is just a new one for me. I chose Chicago for many many reasons, namely Carey my best friend of thirteen years and the entire network of friends that I have here. I know from the outside my network has always seemed large, I've met very few people that I wouldn't call friends, but the relationship I have with Stephen, Nick, Ryan, and Carey are those friendships where you wouldn't hesitate to step in front of a train for any of them withno question. They are my soul mates and have helped me pull myself up by my boot straps and get back to walkin the tightrope of life.

Also my number one favorite all-time company that I ever worked for is here. While I made a vow to retire from retail earlier this year, Urban outfitters always will hold that place in my heart and they have been so gracious and welcoming me right back into to the family!

So there you have it, my first blog post. I hope to use this blog to navigate the waters of life and share it with you my readers. Please feel free to email and let me know what you would like to read about.

5 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog! Good choice! I couldn't think of any except follow that yellow brick road. ahaha

    I love you AJ. You are such a brave brave man. I found this quote and it made me think of you...

    Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't. ~Richard Bach

    This next chapter will be a tough one, but there are so many possibilities and adventures waiting for you in the one after. and the next. I promise.
    - Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write Away!! I love it and will love hearing updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a writer. You expressed an idea you had to become a writer, MY A J< you are already.
    I find reading your blog, like reading a very good book, a biography to say the least, of a beautiful spirit, and as you realize, someone who fills a room with brightness when you enter.You are a smile walking in the room, and YES< you are like Dad.
    We loved him, way beyond his mistakes, and errors. He and I had a long talk about divorce in about 1988, You all were here for someone's wedding or some such thing, and roads being very rainy and wet, He drove "just me" home from Aunt colleen's, who lived in E. Detroit at the time.
    He expressed to me, his never ever plan to go through another divorce or ever loose his kids like he felt he had lost Crystal. You all were his life.
    I feel God has him in his grip, and never hesitate to know how much he loved you guys. I think you do know it. It was more than obvious.His reasons for leaving ,we won't know until we see him again in the kingdom of God.
    Until then, keep it up, keep on keepin on, You can do this. You are brillant, smart,good looking ,manly,stronger than you think, and A VERY GOOD WRITER.
    I find wanting more, of what ever you put on here.
    I LOVE YOU
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aj You have always been amazing, especially at writing. Even in 7th grade passing notes as Janky. I miss you, and would love to reconnect with you now that we are grown ups. Ill always love you, and I think about you often. -Tiff

    ReplyDelete