When I was with my sister Katie in Florida right at the beginning of this journey, she made me watch the video for Katy Perry's "Firework." I loved it from the second I heard it, and throughout the nearly three months I have been in Chicago, she still texts me every once in a awhile with a quick lyric from the song. It's my anthem. Really, if you haven't listened to every single word, you should YouTube it right now and listen with your eye's closed. I promise if you don't smile when you listen than you didn't hear it right.
"Maybe a reason all the doors are closed is so you could open one that leads to the perfect road." This week, I have put myself out there in ways I never expected. I just am starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, Katy is right. After a hurricane, comes a rainbow! Now I am not expecting for things to turn around overnight and I am still right in the middle of the hurricane, but I am starting to believe that the rainbow is out there. And that is the first time since my world crashed in on me that I am starting to believe that.
My Mother in Law wrote to me yesterday about a dream she had about me. She is really intuitive sometimes. She said I was a bit older and beefier (don't know how I feel about that!), still sitting with my knees pulled into my chest (as I do) and smiling. She said it was the best she's slept in a long time. It made me smile.
The last two days have been so nice. I spent a lot of time with Stephen. He really is such a reliable friend. He and I haven't had much time together since I got here because of work (he works for Urban Outfitters too) because of Holiday, Inventory, and our corporate visits this week. It was nice to just be in the same space and talk endlessly about nothing. He is funny, witty, and such a "sturdy" friend. I am so thankful for him and so happy to see life returning the favor by delivering him happiness in leaps and bounds as well. He deserves every good thing he gets because he gives joy to those around him while never expecting anything in return. I want to be like him when I grow up.
Tonight we had a small dinner gathering at Carey's. There was no occasion or holiday, just Logan, Carey, Nathan, Stephen, and I all around the table eating pasta and pie. We chatted for hours about everything under the sun. I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom twice to wipe my eyes and express my gratitude to God for these people. They are so much more than friends or family. They have literally saved my life and I have to pinch myself for having these kinds of people in my life.
This week my mommy and sister and niece are coming! I am like a giddy school girl. I can't wait to show them the city and just sit around and laugh and cry and have fun with them. There hasn't been a single time in 11 years where it's been just the three of us. They get me without having to say a word. I am so blessed. And baby, I am a firework!
All of your blogging has had comments by me, in a google account and yet, I cannot seem to find them again. I just created a new one, so hope it goes through.
ReplyDeleteI pray for you every single day. You are going to get through this and we have known you since the day you were born, always had faith in you and your walk with Jesus christ. Please know we love you beyond measure. Love, Gramma and Grampa