What a difference a week can make. A week ago today I was wheels down in California which turned out to be a much needed trip for clarity on a bajillion things.
I now know two things for sure.
1) I absolutely can not wait to move back to California. The Golden State was created for me. The weather, the people, everything just fit back together. I was somewhat angry at myself for ever feeling so alone or deserted there because when I looked around all I saw was love for me, in leaps and bounds. And not the fake California movie scripted kind of love, but genuinely concerned friends and family members who were concerned about me and are excited to welcome me back.
2) I am severly under-prepared for our baby girl to come in (clears throat) 10 weeks or less. While my other expecting friends are hanging mobiles and making final touches on their nurseries, I don't even have a couch. Literally, I don't have a thing.
I got to attend Harper's ultrasound with my ex, and got to see all of her organs, her spine, and yes her part that makes her officially a GIRL! When I think about her, mainly because of the really frightening face shot you get in those ancient ultrasounds, I keep calling her Daddy's little panda bear! She has the Fernandez circles already! And she has hair...apparently they can tell that in the ultrasound!
Since I got back to Antartica...oops I meant Chicago...my mind is constantly wandering and my stomach in knots. Ten weeks, ten freaking weeks until Baby Harper arrives! Let the countdown begin.
I've been working on some things for Harper so don't you worry your daddy brain. That love you felt in leaps and bounds while in california will come again ten fold in both tangible and intangible gifts upon her arrival. Trust me.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing father already.
I can't wait. I will be ready and waiting to help you with anything I can sew that precious baby girl. Let me know what you need. I think you need shower of your own. Love you. A.M.
ReplyDeleteIf you let me know some things you need and an address and I will mail you a care package...
ReplyDelete