Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Funday.

I have had this insatiable desire to write. It's weird because I looked back and saw that exactly one year ago today, on the same Sunday I wrote a post titled, "my inner voice is telling me to write." It must be this weekend. Or season. Or something. Life has been exciting and chaotic and fun. We are knee deep in wedding preparations for our wedding in September. I can say with full disclosure that I can be a bridezilla, but I've really been trying to include Sabin and our family and friends in on the planning. I envision a very fun, very loud, very posh wedding and as long as I get to stand in front of my closest friends and family and profess my love and commitment to my amazing partner, the rest of the details seem so insignificant. We are having our modern wedding at a cool art studio on the West Side. I hope it feels like a very Los Angeles type of event as this is the city where we fell in love. Food truck catering, lots of WINE, no big frills or extravagant things, just simple and chic. Kind of like me ;) Work has been very rewarding yet very busy at the same time. My company is opening two new locations a week apart! It's exciting to be very involved with our growth, but a ton of work too! I'm trying to take advantage of a 4 day weekend before the storm starts on Wednesday! I love staying busy, but I'm already looking forward to summer being over so that we can get on with the wedding! On the Monday after our ceremony we are headed to Paris and London for a week! Neither of us has ever been to Europe and I'm beyond excited to share this trip with my new husband! Is it weird that I am looking more forward to the honeymoon than the actual wedding!?! Harper turned four earlier this month. She is still my baby, but as she gets older she also gets all the more cooler! She still sucks her thumb and carries around her tattered blankie (I know, I know---we will figure out a way to end this soon) but besides that she is pretty much a self sustainable human. This morning she actually mixed her own waffles up and then got the waffle maker out and prepped! I stopped her because I was nervous that it might burn her, when she snapped back, "daddy I've got this!" And it hit me suddenly that she will continue not needing me for so many things! While that might mean she can (and will) get hurt, scrape her knee, burn her hand or even break a bone, I'm learning that I've just got to sit back and let her learn, because she is right. She really DID have it. And it also means I might get to start sleeping in a little more on Sunday's too! We had her small birthday party at Chuck E Cheese Pizza followed by a fun low key BBQ at home with friends. Penny, our boxer puppy that Santa brought on Christmas morning continues to grow and grow. Santa must've really known what he was doing because Penny has Harper wrapped around her paw. They are two sisters and Harper's nervousness around bigger dogs, or dogs in general, has really subsided. I'm also getting there, just not as fast as Harper! I've been thinking a lot about tradition and normalcy. As I re-read my above post I'm realizing that not much has changed since I last wrote five months ago or even six months before that. And in a weird way I am kind of alright with that. I think so much of my twenties was working through climbing the work ladder, figuring out my true self, and getting all of the craziness out of my system. I was never really content with laying on the sofa for a full weekend. Sabin and I actually almost called one of those As Seen on TV numbers yesterday because there was a cool gardening product that we couldn't live without. As Sabin dialed the number, we both just looked at each other and then busting up laughing! Yep, this is what our Saturday afternoons have become. I loved falling in love with Sabin and all of the heart fluttering firsts we had, but my real true deep passionate love over the past 2 1/2 years has really come more recently when I watch our routines unfold or he helps clean up the house or get Harper from school on days when I have to work late. It's those things that can often be taken for granted where I have to slow down and realize how truly blessed I am to have a regular day, week, month or year with someone so patient, kind, and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment